In unfortunate news, while hip hop kids are busy glorifying molly, it’s been reported that the only daughter of legendary rocker Jon Bon Jovi, Stephanie, was hospitalized last night for overdosing on heroine. The 19-year-old has had a history of drug abuse and was found unconscious at 2 a.m. in her dorm room at Hamilton College in Clinton, N.Y., police said.
Stephanie’s friend and fellow Hamilton student made the 911 call, but was later arrested in connection with the incident. Investigators found heroin inside her dorm along with marijuana and glassine envelopes. Upon recovery, Stephanie was reportedly arrested at the hospital on charges of misdemeanor possession of the heroin, misdemeanor marijuana possession, criminally using drug paraphernalia and a violation related to the marijuana.
“Stephanie has been undergoing a drug problem for quite some time. Friends and family have been worried about her and unsuccessful in getting her to rehab,” a friend told the Daily News. “She wasn’t listening to anyone. Sometimes her friends wouldn’t hear from her for weeks. We were all scared for her but didn’t know what to do.”
We wish her a speedy, consistent recovery.